But we have a new player in the game: Face Yoga. Have you heard of it? I’m going to present a brief overview on this intriguing “new” technique. Not that new, apparently Cleopatra used face yoga too.
WHAT IS FACE YOGA?
Face yoga is a series of facial exercises with massage, relaxation, and acupressure techniques to isolate and tone your face muscles. Yes, we have 42 muscles in the face that we are not even aware of and we need to train them as much as we train the rest of our body’s muscles.
This technique allows us to specifically isolate certain muscles and strengthen them, the same way as you would do with Yoga.
HOW DOES IT WORK?Wash your hands properly before exercising and start with 6x per week for 20 minutes. You’ll probably see the first result after a month. Here are two exercises examples:
The V: for puffiness and drooping eyelids
- Make a peace sign with both of your hands
- Place your middle fingers on the inner edge of your eyebrows and your pointer fingers on the outer corner of your eyebrows
- Apply moderate pressure and look at the ceiling while squinting for 2 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat 6 more times
The forehead smoothing: for forehead lines
- Place both palms of the hands on the forehead with the fingers facing towards the ceiling
- Gently sweep the palms outwards ending at the temples, applying light pressure to tighten the skin then relax
- Repeat 10 more times
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTED RESULTS?
The benefits of a daily routine can be split in different categories.
- It tones and plumps the skin
- smooths fine lines and wrinkles.
- Releases collagen, the key protein that keeps your skin looking firm
- Accelerates blood circulation and increases oxygen intake that makes the skin glow
- Reduces the appearance of thick scars
Global health benefits:
- Helps with headaches by conducing the blood flow to the head and stimulating many acupressure and neurovascular points.
- Reduces stress the same way as Yoga does
- Boosts energy
However, no real scientific research have been made on this technique, the only thing we know is that it’s not harmful for your mind or your body. So why not giving it a try?